Well, a lot has happened in 2010 for Indian Marketing and Media industry. While I will come back with detailed posts on some of the brand case studies which created impact this year, but as of now here goes a quick take on my “likes” & “dislikes” for marketing incidents that occurred in 2010
- A rebranding which I liked : Indian Rupee Symbol
- A rebranding which I disliked: Airtel
- A marketing trend which I liked: Social Media becoming mainstream, few predicted this but not many were sure or convinced about it till last year.
- A brand which completely wowed me: Flipkart
- A brand which always delivered what it committed to me: Indigo
- A new product /service which I started using in 2010: Online luxury shopping portals and totally addicted to FashionAndYou.com
- A old category coming out with newer marketing techniques: Books, wow what innovative marketing stories in Indian Literature Industry.
- An ad which really created a buzz: Volkswagen Vento talking newspaper ads
- An ad which I hated : IBIBO, JK Cement Swimming Pool ad
- Ad which I liked for its social messaging: ”’Tata Tea Choti & Badi Patti’ and ‘Tum Chalo Toh Hindustand Chale by TOI‘
I may update this list later if some more related points come to my mind, till then do drop in comments about the stories which you liked or brands which you hated in 2010.
With this last post for 2010, here’s wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous new year! May you have a rocking & great 2011!